September 3, 2012
Headline has a vacancy for a Media Assistant to work our media monitoring programme team in encouraging responsible Irish media coverage of suicide and mental health issues.
Purpose of the position:
To assist the promotion and implementation of the aims and objectives of the national media project, which seeks to encourage responsible reporting of mental health issues including suicide and its prevention.
The Media Assistant will report to the National Projects Manager at Shine-Supporting People Affected by Mental Ill Health www.shineonline.ie
A recognised third level qualification in a related field (journalism, media, communications, social sciences, humanities etc) or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience working in the area of communications or a related role;
- Previous experience of analytical and administrative work.
Desirable (not essential) skills and experience:
- Experience of working with the media
- Experience of working in administration
- Experience of working within the voluntary sector
Terms of employment
- This is a fixed-term six-month contract position (maternity leave replacement)
- Working hours are 17.5 hours per week
- Salary is €12 euro per hour (€210 per week)
- Commencement date: 15th October 2012
How to apply:
- Applicants must complete an application form.
- Application form, Job Description and Person Specification are available to download here: http://www.shineonline.ie/index.php/vacancies
- Completed forms should be returned by post (marked Ref. MA) (2 copies) to: The Office Supervisor, 38, Blessington Street, Dublin 7.
All positions are offered subject to Garda Vetting
Enquiries can be directed to: email@example.com
The deadline for receipt of completed applications is Friday 7th September at 5pm.